Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Word About Female Labels


       ...But seriously. 
     I have been noticing this trend for a while, so here's a list to drive the point home: 
If a guy is a CEO, he's the boss.
If a woman is a CEO, she's bossy. 
If a guy puts on nice clothes and cleans himself up, he's neat.
If a woman keeps herself clean, she's vain.
As proven above, a man must only wear a shirt to be considered a nerd.
For a girl to be considered a nerd, she must have a collection of over 100 related comic books, DVD's, and t-shirts. She must also read 10 blogs a day, develop at least 50 different fanfictions and be able to name all of the Star Wars characters in order of appearance. 

   It is very hard for me to even say that I'm a "nerd" because it's become a vague term by this point. Now, I get that there are a lot of girls out there who are genuine nerds but are constantly seen as fake, while at the same time there are also some very fake nerds. I guess that just because I am woman I have to constantly push myself to obsess over something to the point of living and breathing it. And it doesn't help that guys are telling us, "Well, what do you know? You're a girl." 
     I know, I know, "get back in the kitchen", right? 
    What's worse is that the feminists are screaming for us to push ourselves to be superior to the boys. But why? If nothing we do is ever up to their standards of nerdiness, then why even make it a contest? Why can't we just try to ignore those guys or tell them to go fuck themselves? Better yet, do what the girl did above and throw their words of pretentious pride back at them.
    I will not get back in the kitchen just because I don't meet your standards of nerd. You can make your own damn sandwich. 
   Meanwhile, I'll be watching Star Wars



No comments:

Post a Comment