Friday, August 2, 2013

"Uninhibited": An Ode to the Bohemian


A poem by me, Elizabeth Mehling






Uninhibited.

I am the one on the edges of society.

I hide in the shadows
I stalk the followers
Not planning to attack...
But I watch.

I am the one who stands in the rain
Who draws symbols on my fingers
In pen
Or with charcoal.

I am the one who drives with abandon
I have no schedule
Even though I may get there
I can wait.

I am the one who keeps the brain going
I speak poetically
Erratically, and sensually
I make you climax
With simple words.

I am the one who starts a conversation
About the creation of the universe
About Dali and Kerouac
And how cats often make
The best muse. 

I am the one who is aware of my presence
I move with grace
Or I tear consciousness to bits
With such force that some wonder
If I’m mad.

I am the one who is mad.
I am the one who observes.
I am the one who dances
And dances
And dances

Maverick, I christen thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment